Tag

Floyd Mayweather’

Browsing

Choice words, sleds, and punches—all were flying in the ring when Floyd Mayweather Jr. and John Gotti III clashed in June last year. The fight had chaos written all over it from the first bell, and it ended in one when an in-ring brawl broke out and spilled outside it. Fast forward to a year later and the fans are ready to witness the two roll it back and finally conclude what they started. The Michigan native has left an enigmatic message amid the soaring tension and mind games.

Mayweather Jr., 47, and Gotti III, 31, will fight it out on August 14 at the iconic Arena Ciudad de México in Mexico City. Both fighters have promised fireworks and opened verbal attacks. Amid blunt exchanges, it seems ‘Money’ has also dropped a subtle hint. It might refer to his long list of potential suitors, who are eager to put pen to paper for a fight, and the vanity of such exchanges.

Mayweather Jr., at 50-0, turned to his Instagram handle and wrote in a post, “I got too many options to be going back and forth about anything with anybody.”

Floyd Mayweather

The former world champion could be hinting at his star power and his indulgence in various ventures besides boxing, now that he has hung up the gloves. Alternatively, it could be a dig at Gotti III and suggest the gulf between them. It seems a wise choice, as Mayweather Jr. has been reluctant to go full-throttle as he wants to avoid friction with the Gotti family. Fans might already be aware that Gotti carries the same name as his grandfather and mob boss, John Gotti, the former boss of New York’s Gambino Crime Family. However, if Gotti III were to be believed, his grandfather would have liked the scenario of his grandson going up against one of the modern boxing greats.

John Gotti III’s grandfather would have enjoyed the brawl with Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Gotti III, who has transitioned from MMA to boxing, revealed his desire to make a positive impact on his family by taking up the combat sports route. He told TMZ, “He [John Gotti] would’ve wanted to rip Floyd’s head off when all that stuff’s going down. But I’m sure he would admire my fighting spirit… You know, I’m fighting to get respect for my name and make a positive impact on my family. So I’m sure he could appreciate that.”

Floyd Mayweather never lost a professional fight inside of a boxing ring, but the boxing great knows when to cut his losses outside of it, says his old boxing promoter Bob Arum.

While allegedly being shaken down by Rap-A-Lot Records CEO James Prince, Mayweather allegedly ran to Arum to have him pay off a street debt for protection and managerial services rendered by what some dub the Boogeyman of the entertainment industry.

Outside of his exploits as a visionary that would cement his legacy in the echelons of Southern hip-hop royalty, Prince, who is backed by a Mafia-style outfit, allegedly has extorted artists and other celebrities who travel to Houston and areas outside of the Lone Star State.

Hence, Prince isn’t someone who even the world’s top boxer wants problems with.

Floyd Mayweather

“We were at dinner one night and I got a call that there was a disturbance at my gym,” Arum explained during a Monday appearance on Highly Questionable on ESPN. “Floyd apparently had asked us not to do a fight in October, but to do it in December after James Prince’s contract with him had run out.

“So … some people came over with or without the knowledge of James Prince and proceeded to break a couple of heads of people in Mayweather’s camp with baseball bats, so the gym was splattered with blood. And Floyd came to my office the next day, and he said, ‘Prince says he wants his money from the fight that’s coming up.’ So, I said to Floyd, ‘Fine, if that’s what you want, I will write him a letter of credit.’ And Floyd said to me, ‘Prince don’t do no letters of credit, you better send the cash.”

Maybe Mayweather, who birthed Mayweather Promotions in 2007 and has amassed over $1 billion from in-ring earnings and endorsements, will stick to professional security outfits and managerial teams to protect his assets moving forward.

After a 50-0 professional career, modern-day great Floyd Mayweather has been a steady feature on the exhibition circuit.

Having defeated the likes of Oscar De La Hoya, Manny Pacquiao, Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez and Miguel Cotto, all the while becoming far and away the biggest box office attraction in the sport, Mayweather popularised the perfect record like no other.

Now he continues to make money from the sport in non-competitive bouts, having had a move around with Logan Paul, Tenshin Nasukawa, Aaron Chalmers and more.

His last outing was against John Gotti III, the grandson of the notorious mob boss of the same name, and ended in a brawl both in and out of the ring.

The rematch is now set, and Gotti says this time around he will not be tricked into thinking it’s anything less than a fight.

Floyd Mayweather

“I want this to be remembered as a very entertaining fight. Floyd keeps repeating himself, saying ‘boxing showcase’ and ‘boxing exhibition.’ I’ve been watching Floyd my whole life, since I’m a kid. I’ve never once seen Floyd show up early to an event. I was early in Florida and he’s already there warming up. I’ve never seen Floyd prepare the way he has, and I’ve never seen Floyd throw as many punches in two minutes as he did in our fight.

So obviously it was a fight. Obviously, he wanted to hurt me and knock me out. So, he’s not gonna snooker me again with this exhibition nonsense. He’s coming to knock me out again and I’m gonna try to knock him out this time, so that’s that.”

Ever-confident in his skillset, Mayweather was adamant that it was just about ‘having fun.’

 Floyd Mayweather

“I truly believe that if I took a lot of abuse in the sport of boxing throughout my career, then I probably wouldn’t still be doing exhibitions or putting on boxing showcases, but I didn’t take no abuse in the sport of boxing so I feel like I can continue to go out there, have fun and put on shows throughout the world.

Last time I checked, I’ve beat more fighters that are in the Hall of Fame than any fighter in history and that’s truly a blessing. But [Gotti] is a tough competitor and I take my hat off to him. He wanna run it back, we can run it back twice, three times. It is what it is. I was born to be a fighter, I’m gonna die a fighter at the end of the day.”

Mayweather will face Gotti on August 24 at Arena Ciudad de México in Mexico City.

After a 50-0 professional career, modern-day great Floyd Mayweather has been a steady feature on the exhibition circuit.

Having defeated the likes of Oscar De La Hoya, Manny Pacquiao, Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez and Miguel Cotto, all the while becoming far and away the biggest box office attraction in the sport, Mayweather popularised the perfect record like no other.

Now he continues to make money from the sport in non-competitive bouts, having had a move around with Logan Paul, Tenshin Nasukawa, Aaron Chalmers and more.

His last outing was against John Gotti III, the grandson of the notorious mob boss of the same name, and ended in a brawl both in and out of the ring.

 Floyd Mayweather

The rematch is now set, and Gotti says this time around he will not be tricked into thinking it’s anything less than a fight.

“I want this to be remembered as a very entertaining fight. Floyd keeps repeating himself, saying ‘boxing showcase’ and ‘boxing exhibition.’ I’ve been watching Floyd my whole life, since I’m a kid. I’ve never once seen Floyd show up early to an event. I was early in Florida and he’s already there warming up. I’ve never seen Floyd prepare the way he has, and I’ve never seen Floyd throw as many punches in two minutes as he did in our fight.

So obviously it was a fight. Obviously, he wanted to hurt me and knock me out. So, he’s not gonna snooker me again with this exhibition nonsense. He’s coming to knock me out again and I’m gonna try to knock him out this time, so that’s that.”

Ever-confident in his skillset, Mayweather was adamant that it was just about ‘having fun.’

Floyd Mayweather

“I truly believe that if I took a lot of abuse in the sport of boxing throughout my career, then I probably wouldn’t still be doing exhibitions or putting on boxing showcases, but I didn’t take no abuse in the sport of boxing so I feel like I can continue to go out there, have fun and put on shows throughout the world.

Last time I checked, I’ve beat more fighters that are in the Hall of Fame than any fighter in history and that’s truly a blessing. But [Gotti] is a tough competitor and I take my hat off to him. He wanna run it back, we can run it back twice, three times. It is what it is. I was born to be a fighter, I’m gonna die a fighter at the end of the day.”

Mayweather will face Gotti on August 24 at Arena Ciudad de México in Mexico City.

Canelo Alvarez has shared the ring with many huge punchers, but he’s provided a surprising answer when asked who had the most power.

The Mexican icon is currently preparing for a September showdown with Edgar Berlanga and the Puerto Rican is famed for his heavy artillery.

Before that battle, Canelo can look to previous experiences against dangerous fighters as he’s took punches from many great fighters.

Boxing: Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Canelo Alvarez: "Money's" controversial  take on Mexican fighter's PPV flop | Marca

 

Canelo faced James Kirkland in 2015, a fight he won in three rounds, and he’s credited the Texan as being the hardest puncher he’s ever faced.

“Kirkland,” said Canelo when speaking at a 2022 press conference when asked who hit him the hardest

“It was unbelievable. I felt the punches right here (raising his arm).”

Floyd Mayweather Jr., the boxing champion who could dodge punches like nobody’s business, apparently couldn’t dodge his way out of a car dealership faux pas.  Even though he’s retired from boxing (except for that whole “exhibition match” with McGregor), Floyd’s still a fixture in the fight game, reminding everyone he’s undefeated and filthy rich.

This dude’s a walking money machine – literally exceeding the billion-dollar mark in earnings. So, naturally, he surrounds himself with the finer things in life: Rolls-Royces, Ferraris, Lamborghinis – you name the brand, Floyd’s probably got the keys (or at least used to). But there’s one prestigious car company that’s thrown a left hook at Floyd’s automotive dreams: Bugatti.

Floyd Mayweather

See, Floyd was a big spender at Bugatti, a real VIP customer. But things went south faster than a bad right hook when Bugatti discovered Floyd flipped a black Bugatti Veyron for way more than the sticker price of a brand new one – just because he’d driven it.  Apparently, reselling a car with a celebrity mark-up wasn’t part of the Bugatti VIP package.  The company wasn’t having it, and Floyd got blacklisted faster than a fighter who forgot to make weight.

So, Floyd might be retired from the ring, but it seems the battle for Bugatti bragging rights is a fight he lost.  But hey, at least he’s got a garage full of other luxury cars to keep him company (and a bank account that probably doesn’t even care).

Undefeated former professional boxer Floyd Mayweather visited a Jewish summer camp in Glen Spey, New York, last week that is organized for children battling cancer and chronic illnesses.

The retired 50-0 boxing champion, 47, stopped by Chai Lifeline’s Camp Simcha and put on a boxing demonstration in a specially built ring that featured the message “Knock out cancer.” He also trained with kids at the camp and even helped campers lace up their boxing gloves before entering the ring.

Chai Lifeline shared a video from Mayweather’s visit to the camp, which serves 480 children every summer, and said he also gave “motivational talks” and “engaged in activities that lifted the spirits of the brave children.”

Floyd Mayweather

“This is by far one of the best camps in the world,” Mayweather said at one of the activities he participated in while visiting the camp on July 31. “This is an unbelievable camp. I hear about this camp all the time. There is nothing like the bond that you guys have … I’m proud of you all.”

“I want everybody in this room to stay positive, have great energy,” he added. “These special children need our support, need our help. We need to stand behind them and help them and let them know that they’re great and they can do anything. Anything is possible.”

Rabbi Simcha Scholar, CEO of Chai Lifeline, said: “We are thrilled to welcome Floyd Mayweather to Camp Simcha. Our children are fighters in their own right, battling illness year-round. Floyd’s visit was truly special and inspiring for them. He is a champion both in and out of the ring, and we thank him for giving our campers an experience they will never forget.”

Floyd Mayweather

After the deadly Oct. 7 Hamas terrorist attacks in southern Israel, Mayweather used his private jet to deliver food, bulletproof vests for Israel Defense Force (IDF) soldiers, medical equipment, and other supplies to Israel. He expressed solidarity with Israel in the aftermath of the Hamas attacks and has also donated a fleet of “medicycles” to Magen David Adom, Israel’s national ambulance and disaster-relief organization.

The former boxer visited the Jewish state in November 2022 and also earlier this year, when he received the Champion for Israel award at the Dan Family Aish World Center in Jerusalem for supporting Israel and speaking out against hate and antisemitism. He was also awarded the Lifesaving Award from United Hatzalah, Israel’s volunteer-based medical emergency organization, for his delivery of equipment to help Israel during the ongoing war with Hamas.

EDDIE HEARN has raised doubts over Floyd Mayweather’s fortune.

Mayweather affectionately nicknamed himself Money throughout his career and perhaps it was appropriate due to his sensational earnings.

He topped Forbes’ rich list of the decade in 2019 with over £700MILLION made in the ring.

But Mayweather has been plagued with allegations of blowing through his wealth in retirement.

And his recent series of exhibition bouts against stars of the boxing, MMA and social media world have not helped dispel the claims.

Floyd Mayweather

Even British promoter Hearn has questioned Mayweather’s fortune and decision to carry on boxing.

He said on GRM Daily: “I don’t think he’s got the money he says, that’s what I think.

“I don’t think he needs the money but you know when you’ve got that lifestyle, when he’s spending what he spending.”

Mayweather, 47, officially retired in 2017 after beating UFC superstar Conor McGregor, 36, in a crossover bout believed to have earned him £300m alone.

But he has continued to box in exhibitions since, most recently last June against the grandson of notorious crime boss John Gotti.

The American boxer once again demonstrated his great boxing knowledge

The bout that took place this Saturday, August 3 in Los Angeles during the so-called Riyadh Season Card allowed Floyd Mayweather to increase his bank balance by $34,500 after predicting two of the results of the fights.

The five-time world champion’s business acumen earned him that haul when he predicted the loss of ‘Pitbull’ Cruz, who was the heavy favorite against Jose Valenzuela, and the draw between Andy Ruiz Jr. and Jarrell Miller.

Floyd Mayweather

As soon as the night’s main bout was over, Floyd Mayweather used Instagram to boast about his successes and show the results of his bets, which he accompanied with the caption: “If you know, you know.”

In the central fight of the night, Valenzuela was a clear underdog in the betting, which he was given a +455 odds, which Mayweather took advantage of to bet $5,000 on his victory, which determined a profit of $22,750.

That bet just goes to show how risky Mayweather is when it comes to betting and how much knowledge he has of boxing. But his ‘adventure’ in betting did not stop there, he decided to put another $5,000 predicting that Andy Ruiz Jr. vs. Jarrell Miller would end in a draw, as it was, in a bet that had odds of +235. That draw brought him $11,750 in profit.

Following the knockout win over Conor McGregor back in 2017, Floyd Mayweather Jr transitioned from high-level opposition to younger, more vigorous challenges that keep him active and keeps his paychecks rolling. Mayweather has tangled with Japanese kickboxing star Tenhsin Nasukawa, UK reality star Aaron Chamers, YouTube sensation turned WWE superstar Logan Paul, and now, John Gotti III, grandson to the notorious mob boss.

 Floyd Mayweather

‘Money’ Mayweather is nearing 50, but he lives a clean lifestyle. The 50-0 pro boxer has a legendary training regimen that he acquired from being inside boxing gyms since he was a youngster watching his father Floyd Sr and uncle Roger Mayweather fight professionally at a respectable level. Boxing is ingrained in Mayweather’s DNA.

And he may continue to fight these big budget exhibition matches well into his 50s, according to the President of The Money Team, James McNair.

Verified by MonsterInsights