Tag

CELEB NEWS

Browsing

Gervonta ‘Tank’ Davis and Shakur Stevenson remain on a collision course to potentially face each other in the near future.

Arguably the two best lightweights on the planet, Davis and Stevenson are both undefeated as professionals with 52 victories between them as it stands.

Davis is the reigning WBA lightweight champion, with his next world title defence due to take place against Lamont Roach on March 1 at the Barclays Center in New York City. ‘Tank’ has also held world titles in the super featherweight and super lightweight divisions during his tenure.

Stevenson has held the WBC lightweight title since November 2023 when he outpointed Edwin De Los Santos to capture the vacant strap. The 27-year-old from Newark made the first defence of his crown against Artem Harutyunyan last July to extend his professional record to 22-0.

Gervonta Davis

One ex-fighter who has shown interest in a potential showdown between the lightweight stars is four-weight world champion Roy Jones Jr.

Jones gave his assessment of the lightweight division and believes that it’s ‘Tank’ who sits at the top of the pile.

“I’ll tell you why he’s the best fighter to me. He can punch, but he also can box. Some that can box can’t punch, some that can punch can’t box.

He can box, he can punch, he can move laterally, he can move left side, right side, he can do whatever he needs to do as a southpaw to get the job done. That’s saying a lot as not many guys can do that today.”

Stevenson is due to make the next defence of his WBC title against highly rated American prospect Floyd Schofield on February 22 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

Terence Crawford believes Gervonta Davis is beatable.

‘Tank’ has been an impossible puzzle for his opponents to crack so far and boasts an unblemished 30-0 record.

Davis holds the WBA belt in a stacked lightweight division that is crying out for unification bouts.

Vasyl Lomachenko owns the IBF title, Shakur Stevenson is in possession of the WBC belt while Keyshawn Davis recently snatched the WBO strap away from Denys Berinchyk on Valentine’s Day with a sickening body shot KO.

Crawford was in attendance to watch his training partner dispatch Berinchyk and told FightHype in the immediate aftermath that Gervonta wouldn’t fare well against Keyshawn or Shakur.

“Tank knows what it is up,” he said. “He knows what he is up against if he is going to fight Shakur or Keyshawn.

“He wants to fight these guys that everybody in the world know aren’t going to give him a fight.Gervonta Davis' Power Compared To Terence Crawford's By Sparring Partner:  "He Kills You"

“They aren’t mentally there, they might have a little skill here and there but mentality-wise they are not going to be able to keep it up the whole fight.

“And those two guys [Shakur and Keyshawn] are going to be the ones to give him his first Ls.”

Both Shakur and Keyshawn are of the same thinking and expressed their opinions on a possible showdown with Gervonta during exclusive interviews with over the last few weeks.

Keyshawn beamed with confidence as he compared a match-up with Gervonta to the beating Crawford dished out on Errol Spence Jr in July 2023 for the undisputed welterweight crown.

“I see myself putting the same beating on Gervonta as Terence did [on Spence],”

I feel like his style is perfect for my style. I’m young, I don’t think it will go the full 12 but I can fight 12 rounds if it comes down to it.

“The only thing we are always going to mention is that one punch.Terence Crawford Vs. Gervonta Davis: Who's Made More Money In Boxing?

“I have power and I’ve knocked fighters out with one punch but he has done it consecutive times.

“We know he has got that one punch but we don’t know yet what I truly have because I only have 12 fights and I’ve only been fighting on a truly elite level for three fights, this fight will be my fourth [against Berinchyk].

“So there is a lot of factors that you don’t know yet. I am better than I am showing you guys already.”

Simone Biles started 2024 with one mission: proving she’s not just a gymnast, she’s a living legend. When the Paris Olympics came around, she didn’t just compete—she took over, winning three golds and a silver. While she was at it, she also led the Gold Over America Tour, spreading her magic across the country. Even she was one of the highest-paid female athletes of 2024! No big deal. But is it all? Nope! If you haven’t watched her Netflix documentary Simone Biles: Rising, you’re missing out on the full backstage pass to her flipping, flying, and conquering life’s challenges like she was born in mid-air. With all she’s already done, Simone kicked off 2025 on an even higher note with new achievements.

Well, we know Simone Biles: Rising isn’t just another sports documentary—it’s a front-row seat to the ups, downs, and insane resilience of the greatest gymnast of all time. It dives into everything: the struggles, the mental battles, and the less-glamorous side of gymnastics that most people don’t see. But through it all, Simone does what she does best—she rises.

And let’s not forget her husband, NFL player Jonathan Owens, who’s the emotional support, standing by her side through all the pressure. If you’re a gymnastics fan (or just love a good comeback story), chances are you’ve already watched it—or, let’s be real, maybe even cried through it. So, does this docuseries deserve an award?Simone Biles

And now, the docuseries just scored a major win of its own. Yes! At the 2025 PGA Awards, Simone Biles: Rising took home the award for Outstanding Sports Program, proving that Simone isn’t just dominating the gymnastics world—she’s taking over Hollywood too. The announcement came at the PGA’s East Coast celebration in New York City, where the docuseries beat out some tough competition, including Formula 1: Drive to Survive and Hard Knocks: Offseason with the New York Giants. Safe to say, Simone just flipped her way past race cars and football players to yet another podium finish. But that’s not all! Simone Biles

Simone Biles’ comeback story just won another award

Yiannis Exarchos, Executive Director of Olympic Channel Services, summed it up perfectly, saying, “Simone Biles represents the very essence of resilience and determination.” And honestly? That’s the whole vibe of this docuseries. But here’s the kicker—this isn’t just any award for Simone Biles: Rising. It’s the 3rd one.

Claressa Shields has beaten Savannah Marshall at middleweight but now targets a rematch at heavyweight.

Fresh off of her heavyweight title win over Danielle Perkins, Claressa Shields is setting her sights on a rematch of her 2022 fight with Savannah Marshall — but this one she wants to stage at heavyweight according to her promoter Dmitry Sailta. Shields took a unanimous decision win over Marshall in their first meeting at the middleweight division.

Salita says he’s formally reached out to Marshall’s team about their interest and hopes to bring the fight to fruition, adding that Shields additional power at heavyweight makes her an even bigger threat to score a knockout.Claressa Shields

“We’ve had general discussions over the past several months and have expressed our interest in making the rematch happen,” Dmitry Salita, Shields’ promoter, told Sky Sports. “I believe she will stop Savannah with the power she possesses at heavyweight.”

If this proposed rematch is to gain any traction Salita says the fight would need to be either staged in the US or in a neutral location and not in England where they fought the first time. Shields is as accomplished as they come at this point and would appear to be angling for an opponent that will bring as much money and notoriety as possible, with Marshall being a significant name in women’s boxing.

With less than four weeks until fight night, the excitement for the Gervonta Davis vs. Lamont Roach Jr. is reaching a fever pitch. The bout is set to take place on March 1st at Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Both fighters have made their intentions clear: whether through their training footages and verbal jabs online.

Recently, a training video of Gervonta Davis surfaced online. The footage showed the 30-year-old sharpening his hand speed on the mitts. The clip quickly went viral, receiving multiple reactions from fans and critics. And it also caught the attention of his opponent, Lamont Roach Jr. So what exactly did ‘The Reaper‘ say?

Lamont Roach predicts an upset

Just hours ago, Premier Boxing Champions shared a post on Instagram about the March 1st battle, with the caption, “WAR ⚔️ READY. On March 1, undefeated boxing superstar and WBA Lightweight World Champion @gervontaa returns to the battlefield against WBA Super Featherweight World Champion @oneof1x. ▶️ PBC PPV on @primevideo📍 @barclayscenter in Brooklyn, NY.” The post got the attention of fight fans everywhere, but it was Lamont Roach’s reaction that made waves. Roach quickly reshared the video on his Instagram story, adding his caption: “Upset Alert.” Quite a prediction, is it not?Gervonta Davis

Meanwhile, the Washington native, with an impressive record of 25-1, 10 KOs, is no stranger to dominant performances himself. His TKO win over Feargal McCrory last year, with McCrory down once in round three and twice in round four, was evidence of his pace in the ring. However, Gervonta Davis, fighting in the lightweight division might have a potential weight advantage over Roach, who competes in the super featherweight class.

Floyd Mayweather posted a picture of his tax bill following his Super Bowl party in Las Vegas.

Floyd Mayweather once revealed a picture of his staggering tax bill after an outrageous Super Bowl party.

The 2025 Super Bowl is just days away as the Philadelphia Eagles meet the Kansas City Chiefs at the Caesars Superdome in New Orleans.

The Chiefs the are defending champions, having raised the Vince Lombardi Trophy in last year’s Super Bowl.

They beat the San Francisco 49ers 25-22 in Las Vegas, with a host of celebrities in attendance at the Allegiant Stadium.

Mayweather purchased a suite to watch the 2024 Super Bowl with 34 friends.Floyd Mayweather

And he posted a bill of the suite, revealing a whopping cost of $1,131,000.00.

On Instagram, he wrote: “I don’t kiss ass and I never have to beg for nothing especially not to get a Super Bowl suite. I don’t mind accepting invites at times, but one things for sure… The person that’s paying does all the saying.

“Therefore I get My Own seats and suites so I can do what I want and invite who I want! I’m blessed to be taking 34 people to experience the 1st Super Bowl in Las Vegas! $1,131,000.00.”

Despite only facing Aaron Chalmers and John Gotti III in 2023, Mayweather was hit with an enormous tax bill as he took to social media to reveal his staggering bill, which amounted to over $18 million.

“Just before I paid that light million and change for that little Super Bowl stuff, I had to pay the IRS aka Uncle Sam $18,047,181,” he shared on Instagram.Floyd Mayweather

“This is what I owed in taxes while I’m retired so just imagine what I was paying when I was activated.”

Floyd Mayweather showed off his tax bill for 2023 on social media. Image: Instagram/Floyd Mayweather

They don’t call him ‘Money’ for nothing.

Mayweather made an incredible fortune during his legendary professional boxing career, beating the likes of Manny Pacquiao, Oscar De La Hoya, Miguel Cotto and Canelo Alvarez.

Claressa Shields, one of the most decorated boxers ever, takes on top-ranked contender Danielle Perkins Sunday night for a chance to win another undisputed world title.

Shields fights Perkins at the Dort Financial Center in Flint, her hometown, on Sunday night for the undisputed women’s heavyweight championship. Shields (15-0, 3 KOs), already a champion of five different weight classes, is looking to become the first boxer to win undisputed titles at three different weight classes. Perkins (5-0, 2 KOs) will have to take down Shields on her home turf to win her first championship.Claressa Shields vs. Danielle Perkins

Shields-Perkins headlines a night of 10 fights in the “Vehicle City” featuring four women’s fights. The co-main event is a men’s heavyweight duel between Brandon Moore and Skylar Lacy for the vacant USBA heavyweight title. Five other boxers from Michigan — Jaquan McElroy, Joseph Jerome Starks, Leon Lawson III, Joseph Hicks and Joshua James Pagan — will also fight on the card.

Ben Shalom has revealed that a blockbuster clash between Martin Bakole and Anthony Joshua is ‘done’.

Shalom was in attendance for Adam Azim’s victory over Sergey Lipinets on Saturday night at OVO Arena Wembley.

Azim record his best victory to date by blasting out the Russian inside nine rounds to claim the the vacant IBO super lightweight title.

During the event, Shalom spoke with boxing pundit Spencer Oliver to discuss the fight, but ended up revealing some tasty fight news for another one of his clients.

“The promoter of Martin Bakole that’s what I want to be known as,” he told Oliver.

“The number one heavyweight in the world.”Anthony Joshua explainer: Has AJ opened the door for Tyson Fury fight in  2023? | Boxing News | Sky Sports

Shalom proceeded to confirm that Bakole vs Joshua was a ‘done’ deal after the former asserted that he would fight AJ in Africa in the summer.

“It’s done. I’m hearing he’s signed and we’re off to the Congo,” Shalom said.

Joshua and Bakole, 31, have been naturally thrust into a potential showdown ever since Tyson Fury announced in January that he was retiring from the sport.

Bakole, who boasts a record of 21-1 with 16 KOs, is considered by many to be the ‘most avoided’ heavyweight in the division.

However, the Congolese knockout artist has yet to receive his flowers on the world stage in a big-name bout.

This comes despite Bakole locking horns with some of the best in the gym, including Daniel Dubois and current champion Oleksandr Usyk, who he claims he knocked out.Anthony Joshua Finally Reveals His Ambitious Two Part Comeback Plan:  "That's The Goal" - Seconds Out

One fight Bakole has always had his eye on in the professional ranks is British star Joshua, 35, whom he sparred while ‘AJ’ trained in Sheffield.

“I think he’ll come [back], yeah. I think so,” he said. “There is a big fight waiting for him in Africa.

“Outside the ring I keep working hard because my fight against him in Africa is a big fight.

“I think it will happen in the Congo…we need to fight in the same stadium and I think it’s going to be in Congo.

Isaac Cruz, who received the ultimate praise from Mike Tyson, defeated Angel Fierro in a thrilling war.

Cruz was fighting on the huge Premier Boxing Champions bill topped by David Benavidez’s mouth-watering clash with David Morrell at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

The savage 5ft 4ins super-lightweight was looking to get back in the winning column, having lost his WBA world title by split decision to Jose Valenzuela last August.

His power-punching and relentlessly aggressive style has seen him identified by heavyweight legend Tyson, as fighting similarly to himself in his frightening prime.

All-action was promised and the showdown delivered with 1410 punches thrown by both men, who clashed in a cocktail of concussive and savage punches. Mike Tyson

But it was Cruz who had his hand raised, as he got the edge in the sensational spectacle on the judges scorecards who saw the fight at 96-94, 97-93 and 98-92 in his favour.

From the very first bell the pair got straight into vicious exchanges, with Cruz letting his hands go and attacking Fierro in promising early output.

He didn’t take a backwards step early on tagging his rival with some big shots and trundling slowly towards him, but Fierro tried to match him toe-to-toe.

Fierro worked off the back foot looking to counter punch and looked to use his physical size advantages, but absorbed some damaging blows from Cruz in the second.

The tale of Mexico vs. Cuba has always been an alluring narrative for fight fans, and David Benavidez vs. David Morrell didn’t disappoint. However, in the end, Benavidez was the one to get his hand raised by unanimous decision. But WBA lightweight champion Gervonta Davis wasted no time halting the celebrations, immediately accusing referee Thomas Taylor of cheating.

From the first bell, both fighters were determined to deliver what fans paid money to watch—an absolute slugfest. Both fighters exchanged blows as if a knockout finish was the only answer. By the fourth round, Morrell had Benavidez hurt and leaning back on the ropes with a surprise right hook. The once invincible Benavidez looked vulnerable for the first time in a very long time.

However, Benavidez remained on the front foot, pressuring Morrell back and relying on counters rather than bringing the action. As a result, Benavidez kept breaking through Morrell’s guard to land brutal uppercuts. Still, Morrell’s resolve wasn’t about to waver even if he stayed on the back foot. Benavidez even took the break after the sixth round as an opportunity to remind viewers he is the ‘El Monstoro’.Gervonta Davis

Benavidez’s performance reflected that, as by the 8th round, Benavidez had landed a lot more punches. Slowly but surely, Benavidez’s power and pressure had started to show its effects on Morrell. By the ninth round, the Cuban was clearly fatigued, and both Benavidez and his corner were well aware of it. ‘The Mexican Monster’ was comfortably ahead on the unofficial scorecard. The only lingering question was: how much longer could Morrell hang on?

As the fight went into the championship rounds, the once-Morrell showboating in the early rounds had to watch Benavidez take up that role. Morrell, with advice from his corner, tried to steal the last two rounds with aggression, but Benavidez invited the action. However, near the end of the 11th round, Morrell scored a surprise knockdown.

Still, the referee deducted a point from Morrell for punching after the bell, putting Benavidez back on top. The judges scored the fight 115-111 twice and 118-108, all for Benavidez. In the meantime, Davis hopped on X to take shots at the referee, writing, “The ref cheatinggg!!!!”

Verified by MonsterInsights